POS APPLICATIONS: HQ-ST LINKS
LAVA’s HQ-ST Link system creates a dedicated high-speed Internet connection from your polling PC to remote cash register and POS stations. It is designed from the ground up to provide the simplest configuration and most secure connections.
- Makes polling very reliable
- Quick, easy installations
- 50% cheaper than typical IP-based communications (does not need a static IP address at stores)
Proven in the field, the LAVA HQ-ST Plus requires NO CHANGES to your polling software or existing cash registers, and you don’t need to pay to have a static IP address at each store. Your headquarters is always in control!
Sales Contact:Bob Figol
Have a Question? Call: 1-800-241-5282 (US & Canada) or 1-416-674-5942
- minimal to no installation time
- no static IP address needed at store
- no modem, phone line, long distance costs
Easy to Use
- no router configuration at store
- no need for any access to store router
- transparent to existing ECRs, POS stations, routers
- transparent to existing polling applications
- no Windows OS needed at store or head office
- ST units will restart and reconnect to HQ automatically
- store ECRs can be remotely managed
- ST units can be set up using a number of methods:
- through the ST unit serial port
- using HTTP at store
- at head office
- using a set-up server
- no need to have a phone line available for polling access
- IP connection faster than modem dialing
- Data transfer faster than modem-to-modem over noisy phone lines
- HQ-Basic shows all live connections which stores are up, down
- HQ-ST authentication codes
- no router holes (port mappings) at store
- HQ units only talk to ST units
- ST units only talk to HQ units
- resistant to denial-of-service attacks
- head office network is not opened to store (as with a VPN)
- store unit can be activated to make store tampering impossible
- no passwords
- works regardless of number of remote locations
- ST units’ firmware remotely upgradable
LAVA HQ-ST Plus Links will IP-enable your serial-port equipped ECRs and POS stations, making remote polling and uploading pricing information a snap. Operation is transparent to both the store hardware and to the polling software.
This is the most secure link on the market. Because no store-side router port mapping is performed, there is no “hole” created in the store’s firewall. At the head office, the HQ unit needs just one port mapping, regardless of the number of store units connecting to it. All needs for network skill are centralized: an enormous benefit and cost savings when deploying devices to geographically wide-spread stores.
The LAVA HQ-ST Plus Link also offers enhanced security over conventional serial device servers by having only authenticated connections between the store and the head office.
The LAVA HQ-ST Plus Link provides another critical benefit to chain store and restaurant operators: monitoring and management of remote ECRs and POS stations.
The LAVA HQ-ST Link also provides status monitoring that lets you instantly know when a store’s ST Plus unit is online or offline, and back-end management software allows head office users to maintain a database of store information that can show when an exception is noted on the polling network. If a store is off line during store hours, if a network connection comes online when it shouldn’t, if an unauthorized store unit attempts to access the HQ Plus unit, and so on, you’ll know!
This is where the LAVA HQ-ST Plus Link really shines. It deploys with no need to configure the port mapping parameters of the store-side router.
This is not the case with any IP-based ECR or serial device server on the market.
The savings that result from this feature are huge: HQ-ST Plus Links can be deployed with little networking expertise, and installers have no need to know anything about the router or ISP used by the site! One company estimates installation time will be reduced by 2½ hours per store.
HQ REMOTE CONSOLE
This unit allows a user — or a dealer supporting a user — to create a head office away from the head office. The HQ Remote Console unit makes it possible to redirect the console data being received at the head office to another IP address, for display in an instance of the LAVA HQ Basic software interface running at that location. All management capabilities of the head office are available through the remote console, but the “true” head office remains in ultimate executive control.
HQ REMOTE POLLER
This unit allows a user – or again, a dealer supporting a user — to remotely poll stores from any IP location outside the head office, through the actual HQ Plus unit operating at the head office. The HQ Remote Poller provides the ultimate assurance that the full HQ Plus Link is operating, and is ideal for verifying the success of a store installation when at the store itself. Who wants to come back later to troubleshoot?