DSerial-PCI Powered (PCI 2 port RS-232 Powered)
Dual Port Powered Serial Card
The LAVA DSerial-PCI Powered provides the easiest way to add two powered 16550 UART serial ports to your system while using only one system IRQ. This “tried and true” board is one of the most reliable and flexible Plug and Play products on the market.
Ideal for connecting peripherals such as barcode scanners or debit/credit card readers that can draw power on their serial connectors, the DSerial-PCI Powered provides 12 VDC on serial pin 1, and 5 VDC on serial pin 9. The DSerial-PCI Powered can simplify Point-of-Sale (POS) or other installations by eliminating unnecessary power bricks and cabling, and can increase system reliability through reducing the need for separate power supplies for each peripheral.
Have a Question? Call: 1-800-241-5282 (US & Canada) or 1-416-674-5942
- Adds two powered high-speed 16550 UART serial COM ports to any PCI-equipped PC.
- Pin 1: 12 VDC; Pin 9: 5 VDC, max. amperage 1.25 amps per port (polyfused).
- Signal lines: TX, RX, GND, CTS, RTS.
- Both serial ports support up to 115.2 kbps throughput rate.
- Both ports require only one system IRQ.
- O/S automatically selects next available IRQ and COM addresses.
- Easy Plug and Play installation.
- Includes LAVA Com Port Redirect Utility for renaming COM Ports in Windows 95/98/Me.
- Allows for backward compatibility with software that supports COM 1-4 only.
1 PCI slot
2 nine-pin serial ports