LavaPort-Quad (PCI 4 port RS-232 16650 UART)
Four Port Serial Card (PCI Bus 16650)
The LavaPort-Quad combines the benefits of ultra high-speed 16650 UART technology with multi-port Plug and Play connectivity. Each of the four serial ports is capable of transfer rates of up to 460.8 kbps, yet all ports use only one automatically selectable system IRQ.
The LavaPort-Quad carries the 16650 UART which detects flow control signals without intervention from the CPU. It allows the CPU to send and receive bursts of data from the port without buffer overrun errors. Efficient data transfer eliminates communication bottlenecks, resulting in smooth, uninterrupted data flow.
The LavaPort-Quad’s strength lies in its Moko ASIC (application-specific integrated circuit). This chip available only on LAVA products consolidates a number of separate components into one chip, adding efficiency while eliminating any possibility of component failure.
Primarily a server product, the LavaPort-Quad provides an excellent remote access solution (modem pools). The board can also be used for connecting various ultra high-speed serial peripherals to a PC in consumer or point-of-sale applications.
Have a Question? Call: 1-800-241-5282 (US & Canada) or 1-416-674-5942
- Adds four ultra high-speed 16650 UART serial COM ports to any PCI-equipped PC
- Serial ports support up to 460.8 kbps throughput rate
- All four ports share only one system IRQ
- Integrated 64-byte FIFO buffer with software configurable Tx/Rx triggers
- O/S automatically selects next available
- IRQ and COM addresses in Windows 95/98/Me
- Easy Plug and Play installation
- Includes Lava Com Port Redirect Utility for renaming COM Ports. Allows for backward compatibility with software that supports COM 1-4 only
1 PCI slot
4 9-pin serial ports
Shipping weight: 7.06 oz 200 g