ESL 1 port RS-232 DB9
Ethernet-to-serial remote port
Ideal for POS systems, security systems, industrial automation, building automation, or any application using RS-232 devices, the LAVA Ether-Serial Link provides a serial port that is network-enabled and simple to install, configure, and control.
Any serial device can send its information to an Ether-Serial Link, which then places that information on the Ethernet.
The serial port of the LAVA Ether-Serial 1-232-DB9 looks and acts precisely like it is built into your computer: it appears right alongside other serial ports in Windows’ Device Manager.
Have a Question? Call: 1-800-241-5282 (US & Canada) or 1-416-674-5942
- Adds one network-enabled RS-232 DB-9 serial port to any Ethernet network
- Serial port supports 115.2 kbps throughput rate
- Serial port easily configurable as Com 1 through Com 255
- Includes LAVA Ether Link Manager software that makes this the easiest device in its category to install and use
- Makes serial devices available to multiple users
- Makes one PC capable of managing hundreds of serial ports, even remotely
- Eliminates the use of costly PCs as dedicated serial device servers
Windows Driver Mode serial port:
Win 10, Win 8, Win 7, Server 2008, Win XP (32-bit), 2000 (32-bit), Linux
Raw Server, Raw Client, Data Connect, Ethernet Modem, RFC 2217 serial port modes: all operating systems
One DB-9 serial port
One RJ-45 Ethernet port
Shipping weight: 17.6 oz 500 g
Archive of code releases
ESL 1, 2, 4 Firmware version 6.00.00 [2007-03-25a]
Addresses operational issues with some versions of Ether-Serial Link UART hardware. Suitable for all Ether-Serial Link users.
ESL 1, 2, 4 Firmware version 6.00.00 [2007-01-26]
ESL 1, 2, 4 Firmware version 5.00.00 [2006-12-20]
ESL 8 Firmware version 4.09.00 [2006-10-20]
ESL 1, 2, 4 Firmware version 4.09.00 [2006-10-20]
ESL 1, 2, 4 Firmware version 4.07.00 [2006-08-02]
ESL 1, 2, 4 Firmware version 4.04.00 [2006-02-16]
ESL General Windows NT installation [2005-03-03]