ESL 4 port RS-232 DB9
4 port Ethernet-to-serial device server
Connect and control any serial device via Ethernet (IP network), even remotely. LAVA Ether-Serial Links are all-purpose device servers that allow you to network-enable any serial device, over any distance.
Serial ports of LAVA Ether-Serial Links are enumerated as true native COM ports by Windows’ Device Manager. They appear and function as if they are natively attached to your PC/system.
Ideal for POS, security systems, light industrial automation, or any application using RS-232 devices.
Have a Question? Call: 1-800-241-5282 (US & Canada) or 1-416-674-5942
- Adds four network-enabled RS-232 DB-9 serial ports to any Ethernet network
- Jumper-configurable to supply 5 V DC or 12 V CD on serial port IO
- Serial ports support 115.2 kbps throughput rate each
- Serial ports easily configurable as Com 1 through Com 255
- Includes LAVA Ether Link Manager software that makes this the easiest device in its category to install and use
- Makes serial devices available to multiple users
- Makes one PC capable of managing hundreds of serial ports, even remotely
- Eliminates using costly PCs as dedicated serial device servers
Windows Driver Mode serial port:
Win 10, Win 8, Win 7, Server 2008, Win XP (32-bit), 2000 (32-bit), Linux
Raw Server, Raw Client, Data Connect, Ethernet Modem, RFC 2217 serial port modes: all operating systems
Four DB-9 serial ports
One RJ-45 Ethernet port
Shipping weight: 18.3 oz 520 g
Archive of code releases
ESL 1, 2, 4 Firmware version 6.00.00 [2007-03-25a]
Addresses operational issues with some versions of Ether-Serial Link UART hardware. Suitable for all Ether-Serial Link users.
ESL 1, 2, 4 Firmware version 6.00.00 [2007-01-26]
ESL 1, 2, 4 Firmware version 5.00.00 [2006-12-20]
ESL 8 Firmware version 4.09.00 [2006-10-20]
ESL 1, 2, 4 Firmware version 4.09.00 [2006-10-20]
ESL 1, 2, 4 Firmware version 4.07.00 [2006-08-02]
ESL 1, 2, 4 Firmware version 4.04.00 [2006-02-16]
ESL General Windows NT installation [2005-03-03]